Our friend, Nicholas Miller, came up with this list. We thought it was good and asked him if we could re-post it. He graciously agreed.
10. Remember to put the top back on the toothpaste, put the toilet seat down, and leave at least one cell-phone charger free in the bedroom.
9. Listen, listen, listen, and only then, text your response.
8. Be the first to say “I’m sorry,” and avoid the temptation to add “lol,” and especially not “rofl.”
7. Don’t forget to help with the dishes (cause it’s a prime time to watch basketball on the iPad)
6. Take out the trash, change the light bulbs, and defrag her hard drive. For some reason, these are all man jobs.
5. Use a male voice on your GPS, so she can still be the only woman telling you where to go.
4. Keep an extra computer power cord in your briefcase so when she “borrows” your regular one you can more easily be sweet, gracious, and forgiving.
3. Just be there for her, and don’t try to solve her problems—even if you think of a really cool Google search that could do so.
2. Remember, if when she is talking, and you take at least one ear-bud out and one eye off the screen, you MAY get half your dinner.
1. Just remember that emoticons are no substitutes for real emotions, and that hugging her and telling her you love her beats xoxoxoxox, bff, lolo every time.
Here’s the link to the list as he posted it on Facebook.